Canada border restrictions to be dropped
Last updated 9/29/2022 at 11:01am
The Canadian government has announced that effective Saturday, October 1, it will be dropping its Covid-19 vaccination requirement and end random Covid-19 testing for people entering the country. The current Covid-19 emergency order in council is set to expire at midnight on Friday, September 30.
Effective October 1, 2022, all travelers, regardless of citizenship, will no longer have to:
• Submit public health information through the ArriveCAN app or website;
• Provide proof of vaccination;
• Undergo pre- or on-arrival testing;
• Carry out Covid-19-related quarantine or isolation;
• Monitor and report if they develop signs or symptoms of Covid-19 upon arriving to Canada.
Transport Canada is also removing existing travel requirements. As of October 1, travelers will no longer be required to undergo health checks for travel on air and rail; or wear masks on planes and trains.
To read more from this article, visit: https://www.thenorthernlight.com/stories/canada-border-restrictions-to-be-dropped,21315